When I was raiding my pantry one weekend with the intent on making something delicious but easy, I found a bag of baby Dutch yellow potatoes and figured I’d concoct a new recipe with these. I wanted to meal prep for the rest of my workweek and these would go perfectly with some steaks on the grill or even some chicken and veggies.
I’ve been fascinated with the lemon potatoes I always order at Greek restaurants so but, when I tried making them a few months ago, they came out too citrusy and just didn’t come out the way I had hoped. So, I decided to roast these bad boys but also give them a depth of flavor with lemon. That way, I’d have roasted potatoes with a twist of Greek lemon potatoes… the best of the best!
- 1 package (1.5 lbs., 24 oz.) Baby Dutch Yellow Potatoes
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Thoroughly wash and rinse potatoes.
- Cut potatoes in half or into bite-sized pieces and place in an oven-safe dish.
- Drizzle olive oil and lemon juice onto potatoes and sprinkle garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper and rosemary.
- Toss potatoes to evenly distribute seasoning and olive oil.
- Arrange potatoes into one even layer.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 10 more minutes.
- Broil for 5 more minutes or until potatoes are lightly golden.